John the Baptist and Jesus Christ
- He told the people to repent and be baptized for forgiveness of their sins/ he asked people to prepare the way for the Lord.
- He told them to be faithful/ obedient to God and not to have pride in Abraham as their ancestor.
- He warned them of God’s punishment on sin.
- He encouraged the rich to share with the needy.
- He told the tax collectors not to steal/ be honest.
- He told the soldiers to be contented with their wages/ stop greed.
- He told the soldiers to stop robbing/ accusing people falsely/ should be truthful.
- He told them that the Messiah who was to come after him was mightier/ he was unworthy to untie His sandals.
- The Messiah would baptize the people with fire and the Holy Spirit.
- The Messiah would separate the good from the evil/ the evil would be punished.
- He condemned Herod for his adulterous life/ marrying the brother’s wife.