Relationship between human beings and the environment from the creation stories
- Both human beings and the environment were created by God/ have a common origin.
- Human beings are superior to all other creatures.
- Human beings should take care of the environment/ conserve/ preserve it.
- Human beings have authority over the rest of creation.
- Human beings should enjoy/ use God’s creation/ rest of creation was made for human beings.
- All creation is very good/ human beings should treat the rest of creation with reverence/ respect.
- Human beings and the environment are interdependent/ owe their existence to each other.
- Human beings and the rest of God’s creation have a common destiny.