The call of Abraham (Gen. 12:1-9)
- God called Abraham in Haran after the death of his father.
- He commanded Abraham who was 75 years old then to leave his family to an unknown land.
- During the call, God made the following promises to him:
- Abraham obeyed and set off for the unknown land with his wife, nephew Lot, servants and his flock.
- In Canaan God appeared to him at Bethel and Sechem where he was shown the land that would belong to his descendants.
- Abraham built two altars at the two places and worshipped God.