Genesis 1 and 2
The two creation accounts bring out the following qualities of God;
- He is the only God.
- God is moral and is concerned with the behavior of human kind.
- He is the sole creator and created out of nothing/substance.
- He is a God of order, a planner and organizer of the universe e.g. He created in stages.
- He is good and the source of goodness and real happiness. (Genesis 1:10).
- He is a personal God and likes having a loving relationship with him.
- He is all-powerful-omnipotent e.g. He created out of a word.
- He is a spirit and Omni-present or is spiritually present everywhere.
- God is self-existent. He was there from the beginning.
- He is the source of life.
- God is all knowing/ omniscient.
- God is immortal (cannot die) /eternal.
- God is a worker. His creativity is described as work.
- God is the provider/sustainer of the universe.
- God is Holy.
- God deserves, honour, respect and obedience from human beings.
- God is the author of human sexuality.