- Insistence on fair distribution of wealth
- Fighting against bribery and corruption
- Using life skills
- Practicing Christian values
Affluence — having a lot of material possessions and a luxurious standard of living. Poverty is a state of lack of the basic necessities
Illegal means of acquiring wealth include fraud, grabbing public land, selling narcotic drugs etc.
- Political instability
- Lack of formal education
- Negative attitude towards work — choosing jobs
- Historical factors — colonization lack of land
- Exporting unprocessed agricultural products cheaply then sold back expensively.
A. Fair distribution of wealth / resources
- a) Christians to promote the value of justice, fairness, social responsibility. How? By having anti — corruption crusades, be role models, teach or import skills, advocate for cancellation of foreign debts, taxation to all etc.
- b) Fair salaries
- c) Promotion of affordable and decent housing
- d) Favourable terms of loans
- e) Encourage Jua Kali artisans
- f) Christians to demand transformation of society through implementation of just economic policies that can ensure fair distribution of wealth.
- g) Encourage foreign investors through good infrastructure, incentives e.g. shorter process to register business, security.
- h) Christians to encourage investments by churches and inculcate in people the values of hard work, proper time management free education free healthcare for the poor or needy. Fair distribution of wealth / resources refers to jobs, infrastructure, hospitals, water, agricultural products etc.