- God worked as a spirit e.g. in the beginning the spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
- God created the universe all alone. He is the sole creator.
- He created by word of mouth and out of nothing and substance.
- He created human beings in his own image and likeness.
- God put man in charge of the creation and man is to take care of it.(Gen 1:26, 28)
- After each work of creation, God emphasizes on the goodness of creation and always ends with “And God saw that it was good”.
- God gave people/human beings understanding, namely; of good and evil and man had to make a choice.
- The dignity of a woman is emphasized. She is portrayed as a companion to man and both are equal before God and are also complementary.
- God is depicted as a God of order.
- He created the earth with a plan e.g. He created light first to be used by human beings.
- The seventh day is set aside by God as a holiday or sacred for rest and worship.
Comparison between the two accounts of creation: