Differences between the traditional African myths of origin and the Biblical creation stories/African myths
- In the African myths, God uses materials like clay, water and plants to create while in the first account God creates out of nothing
- Some African myths do not specify where man came from while in the Biblical stories God created man and gave him the breath of life.
- In some African myths the earth was created at one go while in the Biblical stories the earth was created in stages.
- In the African myths an external object/ animal causes the separation of God and man e.g. snake while in the Biblical story man is blamed for the separation.
- In the African myths the woman is portrayed as inferior or subordinate to man while in the Bible man and woman are shown to be equal.