THE RENEWAL OF THE SINAI COVENANT - EXODUS 34:1 -35
- God forgave the people and Moses.
- The Ten Commandments were re-written on two stone tablets that God had asked Moses to cut.
- Moses went up the mountain with the two stone tablets alone and no man or animal was allowed to be seen around the mountain.
- God declared that he could make a covenant with the Israelites.
- He gave Moses the Ten Commandments the second time.
God revealed his nature to Moses as:
- Merciful/compassionate God.
- Gracious God.
- Slow anger
- Abounding in love
- Faithful to his promise
- Forgiving wickedness, Rebellion and sin.
- Just and jealous/punishes sin
- He promised to take the Israelites to the Promised Land and protect them against the Canaanites