- They are sometimes not fully accepted/ integrated/ discriminated against.
- The older Christians may not serve as role models.
- They may not be involved in activities/ not given responsibilities.
- They may be tempted to backslide to previous lifestyles/ rejection by family/ friends.
- Older Christians may expect them to change faster than they can.
- Some experience problems of communication/ language barrier.
- They may lack Guidance and counseling/ Christian literature to strengthen their faith.
- In large churches, they get lost in the crowd/ not identified/ not recognized.
- The financial demands of the church may be too much for them.
- Lack of assistance/ concern when a new member is in need.
- Some get frustrated when their expectations are not met.
- They may be given duties they may not manage.
- They may be rebuked embarrassed in public when suspected to be in the wrong.