This chapter introduces Jesus’ ministry to the Gentiles.
Significance of the healing miracles of Jesus
- The miracles were a sign of the presence of the Kingdom of God in the person of Jesus.
- They demonstrated God’s love for human beings.
- They took away human pain/suffering.
- People believed in His healing power/ had faith in Him.
- The miracles showed that physical healing symbolized spiritual healing.
- They showed that the work of mercy must go on even on the Sabbath.
- They demonstrated defeat and destructionof the work of Satan.
- Jesus used the miracles to glorify God/ to show God’s power.
- He used them to show He was the son of God/ Messiah.
- They demonstrated the divinity of Jesus/ His divine nature.
- They fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies.
- They supplemented/ strengthened His teachings.
- They showed He had power over nature.
- They restored people to wholeness.