- Eight days after the great confession, Jesus took with Him Peter, John and James and went up on the mountain to pray.
- As He was praying, the appearance of His countennce was altered and His clothes became dazzling white.
- And behold, two men talked with Him, Moses and Elijah/ they spoke of his departure which was to be accomplished in Jerusalem.
- Peter, James and John were heavy with sleep and when they awakened, they saw the glory and the two men who stood who stood with Jesus.
- As the two men were parting from Him, Peter said to Jesus, “Master it is well that we are here, let us make three booths, one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah” not knowing what he said.
- As he said this, a cloud came and overshadowed them and they were afraid as they entered the cloud.
- And a voice came out of the cloud saying, “This is my son, my chosen, listen to Him.”
- When the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone.
- They kept silent and told no one in those days anything of what they had seen.
The term transfiguration refers to transformation of Jesus’ body into heavenly glory.