- This was a nature miracle
- After the return of the 12 disciples from their mission, Jesus took them to a quiet place in the town of Bethsaida.
- A crowd of about 5,000 people followed him to whom he preached about the kingdom of God.
- The disciples requested Jesus to release the people to look for food.
- Jesus told the disciples to give the people something to eat.
- The disciples were in a dilemma because they did not have enough food to feed the people.
- Jesus told the disciples to organize the people into groups of fifty.
- He took five loaves, two fish, prayed for it, broke them and asked the disciples to distribute to the people.
- The crowd ate to its fill and left remains that filled 12 baskets.