- Jesus had been invited by a Pharisee for dinner.
- While He was at the table a sinful woman came with an alabaster flask of ointment.
- She stood at Jesus’ feet weeping and wet His feet with her tears.
- She used her hair to wipe the feet of Jesus.
- She kissed the feet of Jesus.
- She then anointed the feet of Jesus with ointment.
- The Pharisee who had invited Jesus questioned in his heart whether Jesus was a prophet.
- Jesus knew the thoughts of Simon/ told him the parable of the creditor and debtors.
- Jesus asked Simon who of the two debtors would love the creditor more.
- Simon said the debtor with more debt would love the creditor more.
- He told Simon that the woman had shown much love because her many sins had been forgiven.
- Jesus then told the woman that her sins had been forgiven.
- The other guests began to question who Jesus was to have the power to forgive sin.
- Jesus told the woman that her faith had saved her.
- He told her to go in peace.