- Though baptism one becomes a member of the church of Christ/body of Christ.
- Through baptism, one receives the Holy Spirit who acts as a counselor and guides the new convert into spiritual life.
- Baptism marks the death of the old self and the beginning of new life in Christ (death and resurrection of Jesus).
- Jesus was baptized and Christians should emulate him an identify with him.
- One becomes a child of God.
- A Christian achieves complete forgiveness of sins because water is symbolic of cleansing/purifying.
- Prepares Christians for the second coming of Jesus Christ.
- Baptism is an example of the modern religious covenant between the Christian and God.
- Baptism is a symbol of forgiveness.