A. Hierarchy of beings
(i) The visible/ earth.
(ii) The invisible/ sky which is regarded as the home of God.
The universe has a specific order of created beings, with God the creator occupying the highest rank.
This ordering is what is referred to as the hierarchy of beings.
It can be divided into seven categories as follows;
- GOD (Supreme being responsible for the existence and sustenance of human beings and all other beings).
- DIVINITIES (Are spirits created by God).
- SPIRITS (Belonging to people who died a long time ago).
- LIVING DEAD/ ANCESTORS (Act as intermediaries between human beings who are alive and the spirit world).
- HUMAN BEINGS (Include those who are physically alive and those yet to be born).
- PLANTS & ANIMALS (They are used by human beings in their natural and religious life as food and sacrifice).
- NON-LIVING THINGS (Natural and artificial beings e.g. rain, rivers, mountains, rocks and all other lifeless bodies).
Inter-relationship of all things, living and non-living