(i) The raising of Jairus’ daughter.
- Jesus was requested by Jairus who was a leader of a synagogue, to go and heal his only daughter who was very sick (she was 12 years old).
- Jesus accepted Jairus’ humble request but word came that the girl was dead and therefore no need to bother Jesus.
- Jesus asked Jairus to have faith and told mourners not to wail because the girl was just asleep.
- Jesus together with Peter, John and James and the parents of the dead girl, and entered the house.
- Jesus held the girls hand and commanded her to rise up to which she responded.
- Jesus requested that she be given something to eat.
- The miracle was to remain a secret.