When people are capable and willing to work but are unable to find a viable income or occupation it is referred to as unemployment.
Causes of unemployment
- They encourage self — employment in cases of unemployment
- They have set up vocational training, polytechnics to train people towards jobs that are for self— employment
- Christians condemn idleness
- Self-employment is an economic activity initiated, controlled by an individual. It is an occupation in which a person initiates a personal enterprise and manages it with the help of others.
- Jua kali sector
- music industry
- entertainment (e.g. comedians)
- community work, agriculture etc
- Some lack sufficient capital to start a business and keep it running
- Lack of necessary skills to run the business
- High taxation leading to some business closing down
- Small scale traders face undue competition from larger firms
- What is work?
- List any six reasons why people work
- Explain T.As attitude towards work
- List some of the factors that have changed the attitude towards work in the modern society
- What are the rights of employers?
- State the duties of employees
- Why has child labour become common in Kenya?
- What are the causes of unemployment in Kenya?
- What can the government do to reduce unemployment in Kenya?