Elements of the Jewish worship found in the Christian worship today
These elements include:
- The Passover feast which found its origin from the Passover which marked the liberation of the Israelites from Egypt. This is referred to as the Lord’s Supper in the N. T and Christian worship.
- Use of prayer and songs in worship.
- Observing the Lord’s Day / Sabbath by modern Christians.
- Offerings are also given in form of money, goods and services tithes.
- Altars. Most Christian churches have altars also called sanctuary.
NB: The worship of God by the Israelites was more similar to that one of the Traditional African worship.
- Observing the Ten Commandments.
- Burning of incense e.g. catholic church.
- Spiritual leaders e.g. pastors, priests.
- Dedication of children to God.