RESPONSIBILITY OF THE LIVING TOWARDS GOD, SPIRITS AND ANCESTORS
- Take care of God’s creation.
- Obey God’s instructions.
- Set aside specific places for worship of God.
- Respect sacred places of worship.
- Appreciate God’s blessing.
- Make their request known to God.
- Worship God.
- Give their children names of God.
- Had a duty to share God’s given resources with fellow human beings.
- Respect places like shrines which are associated with spiritual manifestation.
- Appease the spirits by pouring libation to them.
- Respect and honour the spirits.
- Protect sacred places.
- Consult spirits on spiritual matters.
- Obey the will of the spirits.
- Show respect to them.
- Address them by their proper names and titles.
- Pour libation to them.
- Offer sacrifices to them and give them offerings to appease them.
- Obey their commands and wishes.
- Name their children after their ancestors.
- Build shrines for them.
- Pray to God through them.
- Invite them to social functions.
- Teach their children about their ancestors.
- Consult them through diviners and medicine people.
- Praise them through song.