Teachings about marriage from the biblical stories of creation
GEN. 1:26-29; 2:18-2
- Marriage is monogamous.
- Marriage is between a man and a woman.
- It is a permanent union/ no divorce/ it is a covenant.
- Marriage is for procreation.
- It is a continuation of God’s work of creation.
- Husband and wife should not be ashamed of one another.
- Man and woman are to complement each other/ help each other/ are equal.
- Marriage is for companionship.
- Marriage is for love/ mutual relationship.
- Marriage is sacred/ is ordained by God.