Ways in which initiation rites have changed today
- Some initiation rites have been abandoned, e.g. removal of teeth and
- The rites are less elaborate.
- Some communities have adopted initiation rites from others.
- The times for intiation have been shipted due to formal education.
- Many prefer to go for circumcision in hospitals.
- The age of initiation has shifted from adolescent to young children.
- It is carried out at family level and not communal level in most cases.
- Female genital mutilation (F.G.M) has been outlawed.