Read the passage below It contains blank spaces numbered 1 to 15. For each blank space. choose the BEST alternative from the choices given .
with twin girls. I had the privilege of _3_ the twins at the hospital after they were born. They looked tiny and _4_ . The twins were calm and spent a lot of time _ 5_
When woke up, however, it was quite a different _6_. Each of them seemed to have a good appetite
and wanted to_7_but their mother found it easier to breastfeed one at a time.
_8_ of the two was not lucky to be the fairest at the breast, screamed her lungs out. Cheredi was at times
Forced to hold the two babies and breastfeed _9_ the same time.
As they grew older, the twins seemed to have _10_ to make life very difficult for their parents. As soon as
one fell asleep, the _11_ woke up. They _12_ loved with pattern at night. Mang’are and Cheredi had
to take _13_ to care for the babies at night. Things have now changed. The twins are bigger and _14_ to handle. It is true they make a racket in the house sometimes ,but they are _15_ a joy to behold.
2. A. down the line B. then C. of course D. up the line
3. A. noticing B. seeing C. noting D. experiencing
4. A.fragile B. broken C. damaged D. breakable
5. A. looking B. dozing C. sleeping D. dreaming
6. A.disturbance B. moral C. lesson D. story
7. A.eat B. suckle C. drink D. suck
8. A. Whoever B. Whatever C. Whenever D. Whomever
9. A. in B. to C.by D.at
1O. A. failed B. thought C. refused D. Conspired
11. A. next B. following C. other D. pair
12. A. particularly B. everyday C. Never D. Surely
13. A. time B. turns C. cover D. control
14. A. easy B. easiest C .easier D. not easy
15. A.ever B. rarely C .never D. always
If you still are a member, click here to download answers.