Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 1- 15. For each blank space, choose the best alternative from the choices given.
The fox had been watching all this with a watering mouth for he really wanted the _7_ piece for himself. He therefore planned his approach very _8_“Oh crow,” He said, “your eyes shine _9_ than all the stars. And your neck is _10_ beautifully long. Your wings, my friend, _11_ be more graceful!” The fox continued. “But alas! How unfortunate _12_ you were born dumb. I am sure yours would have been a melodious _13_. The crow was pleased with the flattery. However she was annoyed that the fox thought she could not sing. She therefore wanted to _14_ the fox. She opened her mouth to sing and the meat dropped right _15_ the waiting mouth of the fox.
2. A. some B. many C. most D. such
3. A. towards B. to C. against D. for
4. A. or B. against C. and D. with
5. A. flies B. fly C. flown D. flew
6. A. reward B. prize C. award D. price
7. A. nice B. good C. juicy D. sweet
8. A. carefully B. quickly C. seriously D. quietly
9. A. better B. brighter C. best D. brightest
10. A. so B. very C. quite D. rather
11. A. shouldn’t B. wouldn’t C. mustn’t D. couldn’t’
12. A. as B. since C. that D. for
13. A. tune B. sound C. voice D. song
14. A. surprise B. shock C. astonish D. amaze
15. A. in B. into C. to D. down
If you still are a member, click here to download answers.