Read the passage below. It contains blank spaces numbered 1 to 15. For each blank space, choose the best alternative from the choices given
The police spokesperson told the press that the goods___5___suspected to have been ___6___from a neighbouring country. Investigations have___7___started in order to establish the nationalities of the suspects as they have no identification ___8___.
It is not clear ___9___the goods were destined for another country or were to be sold locally. On the local___10___the goods are estimated ___11__ten million shillings. The head of the area criminal investigation unit said that the suspects would soon be___12___in a court of law but declined to give further details.
The police ___13___ the home following a tip off from ___14___caller who had been suspicious of the people living in the home. He told the police that the men stayed indoors ___15___ daytime and only went out late in the night.
- A. Those B. some C. these D. the
- A. Who’s B. which C. whom D. whose
- A. Locked up B. locked in C. locked away D. locked out
- A. More B. few C. many D. some
- A. Are being B. were being C. were D. are
- A. Brought B. smuggled C. imported D. bought
- A. Recently B. immediately C. already D. soon
- A. Forms B. documents C. sheets D. letters
- A. Weather B. whether C. whether D. wither
- A. Market B. scene C. town D. centre
- A. For B. about C. to D. at
- A. Sentenced B. sued C. charged D. judged
- A. Inspected B. stormed C. invaded D. visited
- A. loyal B. an unknown C. a strange D. an unseen
- A. During B. at C. over D. in
If you still are a member, click here to download answers.